January 20, 2009

New projects

I have been working on my personal online resume or e-portfolio for about a year now. The site and I am spending some time these holidays adding more sections to it. These include an Online Resources page which allows me to put up useful links that I have used or will try to use in the classroom. I have also added some more material to the Sample Lesson and unit plans section, including my Intercultural Communication unit for Society and Culture which has been accepted to the Society & Culture Association's publication "Culturescope" (due for publication in the second half of 2009).
I have included these two sections for a few reasons.

Online Resources
I wanted to have better access to the useful resources that I find online. Relying on emailing links, bookmarks etc is just painful so I wanted to centralise these resources and really hone in on those which are the most useful, reliable, relevant, engaging and practical. It is a process now of combing through my considerable list of sites to find the gold.

Sample Lesson and Unit Plans
Part of the process of accreditation in NSW (Australia) for teaching is that you show some examples of your lessons. So as part of that process I have been adding lessons that reveal evidence of information technology integration, scaffolding techniques, reflective exercises and importantly for my accreditation, attention to the Quality Teaching Framework which is used to guide pedagogical practice in NSW.

No comments: