November 8, 2008

Moving on

Well I have finally handed in my last two assignments and feel pretty happy about it. I just have to wait until I get the results and then I can really relax. In the meantime I am thinking of all the new projects I can work on. I have made a note of them so that I can refer back to them and chart my progress. I want to focus on enjoying the process as well as the end result.

Visual Diary - I began this as a reflection exercise collecting together various bits and pieces gathered from excursions, concerts etc. This would help me remember what I have done and express it in a creative way.

Travel Diaries - I wrote a diary of the trip that my partner and I went on in 2006 which covered Europe, Cuba and South America. I would like to transcribe the diary so that I have an electronic version in case something happens to the original. It won't have the little drawings in but at least the content will be there.

Article writing - I want to start doing some more writing and one form of this is for the Society and Culture Association - Culturescope. My mentor at work who is a Society and Culture teacher has urged me to write something as a lesson submission based on my unit of work for university. I am planning to work on that and submit it along with one of his pieces soon.

Self-education - apart from wanting to enrol in another CCE course (Centre for Continuing Education) I would like to be able to spend more time concentrating on gaining a better understanding of the NSW Syllabus and Curriculum resources so that next year I feel more confident in my teaching practice. This will mean focussing on Australian History in particular and Geography in general. Even though I am not sure what I will be doing past April next year (when the maternity leave period ends for my colleague) I will want to be prepared for Term 1 and beyond.

Now to get started....

No comments: